Monday, March 3, 2014

Hey everyone. So this week was pretty rough. I still don't know this sector that I am working in and I'm still trying to get used to it.

Anyway, here's the update. 

My comp Elder PiƱeyro is really cool! We have the same amount of time and so that is kind of rough to try and get used to, but we are working well together! He has a quite amazing background. He was a proffesional soccer play in Uruguay. He told me that he had it all. He lived in the city and played soccer for a living. He loved it at first, he started to make all kinds of money and in a perspective he had it all. But, he told me that he had to play on sundays and couldn't go to church. At first that didn't bother him and he just decided that he wasn't really happy. So he quit playing soccer, went back to church and started to prepare for a mission. And now here he is! He has an amazing story and we work really hard! It's great because we both want to be here!

This week has been kind of just getting to know the sector. It was hard because I missed the people I used to work with, but it is getting better. I am getting to know the sector a little bit better and I'm getting to know the people, so it's better! 

On saturday, we got up at 5:30 and went to the Santiago West mission to listen to a member of the seventy talk. We listened to Elder Evans, who is also the Leader of the Mission work for the church. So that was really cool and we got to listen to him. He talked to us for about 4 hours, so it was really long but really worth it. We talked about how we are really just here to help people, nothing more. If the people don't want our help, we can't force it upon them. We can only help them!

So not too much to report today, but still. I'm new in the sector so I still don't know what's really going on. I'm in a house of 4, and we are all pretty good friends, so I am having a really good time! I hope everything is good back at home! I'll send a better email next week when I know more about the sector and what's going on! 

Love you all! 
Elder Burt

No comments:

Post a Comment