Monday, June 16, 2014

World Cup!


So I am thinking that Everyone is wanting to hear about how I am doing with the world cup. Well so I will just start with that then. It stinks down here haha. The thing that stinks is I don't think we'll see a game or anything. But we will see. I haven't spent too much time in the house. I only spent last Friday in the house. I guess the streets get pretty crazy down here when Chile plays. We have to enter the house a half hour before the game starts and then we have to stay in the house for the rest of the day afterward. Which kinda stinks, but we sure hear everyone. When Chile scores a goal, we know! Car horns, fireworks, screams and shouts. It stinks. But that isn't the hardest part, the hardest part is working.

During a World Cup in Chile, everyone watches every game. If they aren't at home, they are watching the World Cup. And if I weren't a missionary, I would love it because I love to watch soccer! But since I am a missionary, I hate it. So we have been walking a little bit more than usual. But it is pretty cool because when we are eating lunch and stuff everyone tells us what is going on in the World Cup! I would relate it to the Super Bowl, but 10 times bigger and every single day for one straight month. So this will be a pretty interesting month here on the mission!

But other than that, we were able to do some good work out here. We have a few people progressing a lot! We are starting to see some really good success here in the ward. We have been teaching Bayron a lot. He is still having a few problems with his mom, but they are getting along alright now. The only think that kind of stinks is that he is moving to another ward in the mission, so maybe I´ll get to go down there. Ya never know! Oscar is really getting better. He is still a little crazy sometimes but that´s about it. The work is still hard, but we keep going!

The first picture I carefully selected is me and my comp! Today for P Day we went and hiked this really big hill in the outskirts of the city and it had a really nice view, if you could see through the smog. I will send a straight smog picture too. The second is not computer editing, that is just straight smog.



The third picture is what we did while we had to be inside Friday during the Chile soccer game. We made a ping pong table!


And the fourth is what I look like when it is time to go out and brave the rain. It stinks haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment