Monday, December 9, 2013

Well, my first week in the field is over, and I have to say that this has been the hardest week of my life. For sure and without a doubt! But it has also been very worth it and very exciting!

To start, the first day was really exciting! But also difficult! I got out into the field with my companion, Elder Bezerra and it was really hard to communicate at first because my spanish is rusty. I'm not used to speaking all spanish all the time but it's coming slowly but surely! Every day I understand more and more and am able to say a little bit more.

Wednesday was a little bit easier because i got a little bit more used to it. I had an interview with President Cook and we talked about home and what I liked to do and stuff. President Cook is going to be amazing for me! He is the nicest guy I've met since I left home, and it's going to be a great help to have him. However, in the first two days, we never made it into a home to teach a lesson. Only to each lunch (which is different because here members feed the missionaries lunch instead of dinner).

Thursday was the best day by far! I have exciting news! I AM EATING FRUIT AND VEGETABLES! Who can believe it..? Me. We went to a member's home and she fed us a lot of raw tomatoes. And knowing me, I knew that there was no way I would be able to eat raw tomatoes... So I did the only thing that I could think of. I prayed. I asked Heavenly Father to help me eat fruits and vegetables so I could be a better missionary. And ever since then I have been eating all of them.  What an answer to my prayer!
And then, at the last house that we stopped at, we finally got in to teach a lesson. We got in and taught and had a very spiritual experience and it was great! I wasn't able to say much other than my testimony, but I read them Ether 12:27, which says that God will make our weaknesses strong, and since being out here, I've seen that to be true.

Not much happened until Friday night, when we traveled to Elder Bezerra's old ward he was able to baptize one of his old investigators! It was really cool!

This has been really hard, and for the most part we just walk around contacting because we don't have appointments because me and my companion are new to the area. But for the few moments of success, it is totally worth it's weight in gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment