Monday, December 9, 2013

To Mom & Dad

Well, this is tough, and it's been a huge adjustment. This one is your guy's email for the week. It's tough, but worth it.
So I found out why Santiago South is the second smallest mission in the world, it's because it has the most people out of the the Santiago area. Which, as you can guess, makes it the most packed and the poorest section of Santiago.
But Mom, I live in a very safe spot and there has never been trouble for the missionaries in this area before! So no worrying! I have a great ward, and a great companion, and I am in a very safe spot! Everything in Santiago is a gated community, which means ever house is fenced in and has multiple locks to get inside. Which makes contacting hard, but means that we are all safe!

But the people here are fantastic! Even if we get turned down while contacting, the people will still talk to us for at least a few minutes! And if the members in the ward see us passing by they'll invite us in for a minute and give us water and stuff! They are great!

But it took me a few days to really get my head out of the clouds and realize this is where I'm supposed to be. For the first few days, I kept thinking why am  I here in this place? It's kinda sketchy in places, and for the first few days I was scared. I think scared to actually be out here more than scared of the place.

But the second day when I was having a pretty tough time, I asked my comp for a blessing of comfort, and I haven't had a doubt since. I just needed to get past myself and to the work, and now I am having the time of my life, even though it is still hard work, I love the place and I love the people!

Mom for your questions, We cook breakfast and dinner usually. The members cook us lunch, which is really different, but I don't mind.
We are doing our own laundry, and we have a washing machine but we have to air dry everything. But opening a new area is really hard because neither of us know the members or the investigators, so it's hard to make appointments.



No comments:

Post a Comment