Wednesday, July 15, 2015

15/7/15



This has been quite the week! A few exciting things to write about.

Well as of Monday started a new change. Time has gone by so fast that I didn't even realize to mention that last week. I stayed in San Bernardo with Elder Corbo. But Elder Curtis left the house. So it's me, Corbo, Elder Zazueta and his new comp Elder Torres, from Argentina. He is actually getting here from my 2nd sector, Covarrubias. So it's going to be a good change!

This last week was really good too! We all got together as a mission to watch the Funeral for Elder L. Tom Perry. That was a really good experience. Elder Perry with be greatly missed as an apostle. He was a great teacher and we could all learn a lot from him.

Then later this week, we were contacting a few houses and we found a family from Haiti. It was really cool! We were able to go back another day and share something with them. It was interesting and really hard. They have only been here for a year, so their spanish isn't that good. They speak a little bit of english, and that isn't that much either. Being from Haiti, they speak best French. So, I talked to the mission office and I got 2 copies of the Book of Mormon in french. "Le Livre de Mormon." One for them, and one for me! I decided to start studying my 3rd language. French. I know I'm not going to be fluent, but I'm going to try to at least familiarize myself with the language to help them out!

And the last crazy thing... A lot of Elders and Sisters went home this past week. Like a lot. For example, Elder Purnell, Elder Mcmullin, and 3 of my old District Leaders. That's nuts! It really makes me sad to think about it. But they all went home. It's kind of a bummer because I only got the chance to see Elder Purnell right before he left. But, still. I hope they all got home well and that it's going well for them.

There is the last picture of me and Elder Purnell as missionaries.



There are the 3 languages I'm hoping to be familiar with when I get home.



And then today for P Day we went to a huge hill in the middle of the city to see it. There is a really cool castle to see on the way up.



No comments:

Post a Comment