Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Well, yesterday started a new change, and this change is going to be a little bit different for me. I was assigned as a trainer and now have my newbie sitting next to me. His name is Elder Groen, (like he is "Growin" up) and he is really excited to be out here and learning! He is fresh out of the CCM, and he is a really good kid. He is 18 and he is from Bountiful Utah. He is really excited with a lot of new energy and ready to go! That's great because we are going to work ourselves into the ground! I still haven't changed wards, so I have 4 changes (which is about 6 months) in this sector. And I won't be leaving for a least 2 more changes, so I will end up with 6 changes in this ward (which in total is about 9 months). So I will know the area pretty well.

I finished up with Elder Zazueta which is kind of a bummer because we got to be really good friends walking in between sectors every day. We only got 3 weeks to work together. He is training too, another guy from the US. In all there are 14 Gringos that came in and 2 guys from Colombia, so the mission is growing pretty fast.

I don't have too much to report because I was only actually in my sector four days in the past week, but we do have an awesome investigator I wanted to tell about! His name is Fransisco. He is 18 years old and he is pretty awesome. His dad is a less active member and his mom is catholic. He didn't have a religious background before we started to teach him, so we had to start from just about the bottom and teach really slowly to make sure he understood. But he is growing a lot! He went to church this past week and really like it. He got along really well with a few of the Young Men in the ward, which was fantastic! He is reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish and in English because he just loves to learn! He is a cool kid!

Well, the first picture was sick! A sister in the other ward I was working in decided to treat us to something special when she gave us lunch! She made us Bacon! Real Bacon! I almost cried when I saw it!




The second picture is me with Elder Groen. I thought you would just like to see him to give a face to the name.



There's another one. Elder Groen is eating his first Chilean Completo. They just grow up so fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment