Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter & a movie!

Well... I did it.... We went to the movies today.... Yeah, the movie theater, to see a movie... BUT we had permission and it was incredible! We got a call this past week from our Zone Leaders that advised us that we had received permission from President to go to the movie theater and see a special presentation called Hijo De Dios (Son of God) which is a really good movie about Christ's life, I don't know if anyone has seen it. It was a really good movie and I think it portrayed the life of Christ very well, even though there were a few things that were kind of weird about it. But it was done really good! So today as a Zone we went to the theater and watched this movie! It was incredible! If it is in the states, I would recommend going to see it! It was incredible!

This week I have something really cool that happens... I hit 6 months of being in Chile on Friday. That's pretty crazy to think about. I can't believe that I have already been down here for 6 months, because it really doesn't feel like that long. It has gone by really fast! Really really fast! A little too fast I think, but it is what it is. It's super crazy to think that I have already One Fourth of my mission under my belt. Wow...

This week was Easter. They celebrate it here too, and it's really cool, but they celebrate it very different here. They celebrate La Semana Santa (or the Holy Week) and some people like to celebrate la Pascua (the Passover). So that was kind of interesting. The whole of Chile doesn't eat meat Friday, Saturday or Sunday. And they do have an Easter bunny, but he's different. This bunny was there at the crucifixion of Christ, and then he was there when Christ was resurrected and talked with Mary Magdalene, and he spreads the message of the Resurrection of Christ to all the world by spreading colored Easter eggs all over and letting the children find it. Different, but more based on Christ, so I like it.

So that was about my week. We worked hard, but with it being a long weekend everybody goes out of town and nobody is in their own house nor wants to let us in, because they are all with their families having a good time. So we had a few days of just walking this week, and it wasn't too fun, but it is what it is, and just need to keep working! 

So last week I only took one picture, and Mom got mad at me so I made sure to take plenty of pictures this week. Well Mom, the first one is for you, it's my bright smiling face!


 The second is me in the movie theater right before we went in to see Hijo de Dios. Again, it was a fantastic movie!


The third is me and one of my best friends Elder Boohre, one of the guys who was with me in the MTC, he happened to be at the same movie theater as me, so that was pretty cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment