Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Week 3

We are officially through the 3rd week of the CCM! This is crazy but I have to start at the beginning.
Last P Day, we were walking in the streets and saw a protest which was interesting. No big deal really... I'm pretty cool stuff.. Haha na just kidding. We found out it was just a peaceful protest so we were all good. I got some pics which i will try to send.

First of all we are having a pretty normal week! Until we got to my birthday... I honestly thought that my birthday was going to be the hardest day this week! I woke up feeling pretty homesick, but I was able to shake it off pretty well until after personal study. Breakfast came, and all of a sudden the Hermana´s from my district walked in singing happy birthday with a 2 cards, a chocolate bar with balloons on top, and a "cake." This cake was a piece of bread with manjar (manjar is basically what they put on everything. It tasted like caramel but it's more like a jam... So basically it's a caramel jam if that makes sense.) and a candle on the top. I wish I got a picture of it, but I didn't get the chance.. I did of the card and stuff which i will also try to send.
Then the day proceeded as normal. Until we were in class and our teacher came back and said, "Wanna know something cool..? Elder Jeffery R Holland is in the Santiago Temple right now!" And we started going crazy like how cool would that be to see him in person on my birthday?! I didn't though.
However, when we woke up the next morning, we were told to put our suits on because we were going to be spoken to by Jeffery R Holland...! WHAT?! Pretty crazy! So basically I got to see him in person!
Anyway, we got to the CCM and started to do the normal classes and stuff. Until we were in a practice lesson with one of our investigators and it was going really well! With 5 minutes left in the lesson, the door flew open and someone said, "Está el tiempo!" and we knew what that meant! We run out of the room and he's standing right there! It was insane! I didn't get to shake his hand or anything, but he was in the same room as me and it was probable the coolest 2 minutes since I've been here.
An hour or two after that he addressed all the missionaries in the CCM, and it was fantastic! He talked so much about the work and got everyone pumped up and ready to go! And then the next day we got to watch a broadcast where he went to the Santiago West stake center and spoke to over 1,000 missionaries in Santiago! It was a great experience!
I wish I had more time to email everyone back, but again I don't have the time and it stinks! But give my best to everyone please! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment