Wednesday, September 23, 2015

23/9/2015

My second to last P Day. It's going by fast, and it's been kind of a crazy week. There was a huge earthquake in the North of Chile that was about 8.3 on the Richter's scale. But here in Santiago, it was only about a 6. something. But it was still pretty big. We were just about to go into a house and we felt the ground start to move and move and move. It was really weird. I could feel the earth move back and forth and back and forth. It was kind of crazy. Then while we were inside, we felt it again. It was kind of crazy, that was the strongest I've ever felt it. It was nuts. I guess, from what we've heard, that the North is doing okay. Hopefully it is. But we've felt a lot of replicas and they've also been strong. There has been about like 300 something the last time I heard, so that's really crazy.

Also, this week was the 18th of September, which is when Chile celebrates their Independance Day! Which means a lot of parties! Which wasn't that good for working, but still we had a good week. We were able to go to the ward activity for a few hours and it was a lot of fun. I took a lot of videos about the Cueca and stuff. But it was a lot of fun! We ate a lot of food and were able to build our relationship with a lot of people, so it was great!

So the work this week was kind of slow, and we weren't able to do much. Today I am going around to 2 of my old sectors to say goodbye to people, but unfortunately I'm not finding too many people in their houses. This sunday we have a devotional to see people who can come from our old sectors to be able to say goodbye to people, so I hope to see them. But we'll see. 

I'm excited going into this last week and a half, but I'm also anxious. There's a lot of work to do still, and I hope to be able to do it good. I love you all and I will report in next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment